09 Dec 2014
As many of us athletes practice and play everyday, our skin can take a back seat when it comes to our regime for taking care of it after sweating so much on a daily basis.
Health plays a big role on becoming the best we can be. Regardless of any precious material possession we may think we have, health ranks on the top of the list when it comes to living a happy and prosperous lifestyle.
The appearance of skin is a great indication of overall health and our state of being, which is why is important to maintain it looking right.
Collagen is among the necessary building blocks for a smooth and healthy skin. However, the amount of collage in skin decreases as we grow older, eventually resulting into fine lines on the skin and loss of volume. This is one of the absurd realities of body changes as we age.
We know, especially being male wrestlers that we do not put our skin first despite taking very good care of our body's for athletic competition. That is why we will also talk about pure coleus forskohlii extract that will not only help boost lean muscle mass, but help skincare naturally.
However, we have some great tips that can help in boosting the level of collagen in your skin and retain the smooth feeling we all want. These 10 sporty tips should help take care and at best minimize the risk and prevention of skin infections due to wrestling mats.
How To Maintain Collagen Elasticity In The Skin
1. Protection from the sun: The sun radiates strong ultraviolet rays, which increase chances of skin cancer and aging of the skin. Ultraviolet rays results into age spots, wrinkles, broken capillaries and course skin surface. More than 80% of our skin aging is caused by the sun’s effects.
2. Avoid tanning beds: Tanning beds use UVA rays, which penetrate more deeply into the skin. This highly contributes to both skin cancer and skin aging.
3. Good diet: What we eat contributes to the overall health of the skin. It is important to include food rich in antioxidants, vegetables and fruits because of their fundamental role in preserving the smooth appearance of the skin. Silica and diatomaceous earth supplements can also help in increasing the production of collagen when combined with a good diet.
4. Stop Smoking: Smoking is not only dangerous to your health, but also to your skin. Smoking degrades existing collagen in the skin and reduces the skin ability to regenerate and make more collagen.
5. Apply an appropriate topical antioxidant: Antioxidant products, especially those that include vitamin C and E are essential for your health. Strong evidence indicates that a suitable topical antioxidant helps in reduces injury effects of the ultraviolet rays that penetrate through a sunscreen.
6. Use Retinoids: Retinoids can be an essential option that can help in reducing signs of aging skin. Retinoids help in reducing fine lines on the skin and aging spots. There is strong evidence indicating retinoids is more effective at reducing aging signs compared to other anti-aging products. You can also find these in essential oils, which there are ample Doterra reviews to see which ingredients work best for those skin infections and diseases.
7. Consider Botox: Even though Botox will not create new collagen, it essentially helps in preserving the existing collagen. Contraction of muscles during expression crunches and damages the skin’s collagen over time. Botox helps in relaxing muscles in the forehead, feet and frown area, hence less damage occurs to the skin.
8. Check out Ultherapy: Ultherapy is a non-surgical procedure that strengthens, tightens and retains the tone of your skin. The procedure uses high intensity ultrasound to make the skin tight and smooth.
9. Radio-frequency treatment: This is a non-surgical way of restoring aging skin by making the skin look smooth and younger. The treatment provides radio-frequency energy to the lower layer of the skin, making the skin tighter and smooth.
10.Fractional laser resurfacing: This treatment is effective for those who want to improve their skin’s appearance. Laser treatment tightens the skin and reduces fine lines, sun spots and acne scars.